Wednesday, March 25, 2009
Soldering is complete
I used a RBBB (an Arduino runtime module, cheap!) mounted on a soldered breadboard. Also, two RJ45 connectors on SparkFun breakout boards. That will make a clean connection for a pair of cat5 wires going up to the ceiling. I had originally planned on using screw terminals, but then I decided to use twisted wire pairs (signal, gnd) and needed twice as many connections. There was enough unused space on the board for every other pin to be a ground with these breakouts.
Next, I have to finish wiring up the LEDs and mount them to the little hot air balloons.